This Policy coversKathu365, including its subsidiaries, whose operations include publishing and distributing directories, electronic, wireless and online consumer products, as well as offering advertising, media, marketing data solutions, data cleansing, content, location and other business services.
This Policy also incorporates our Credit Reporting Policy which covers additional information on how we manage your personal information collected in connection with a credit application, or a credit facility.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold may include:
- contact details and identification such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data. We also may collect other data about you such as work information, occupation, date of birth and drivers licence.
- account credentials such as your username and passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- usage data such as the search terms you enter, the pages you visit, the products and services you purchase. We may also collect data about your device such as IP address, device identifiers, and data about the network, operating system, or software you use to connect to our products and services.
- location data when you enable location-based features of our products, we may collect location data. We may also collect location data derived from your IP address.
- payment data if you make a purchase such as your name, banking and credit card details.
Some information we collect might not be included in this list. It really depends on the service or product we’re offering.
2. How we collect your personal information
To make this advertising more relevant to you, we or our third party advertising companies, may collect and use information about visits to our sites and to other sites made using your computer or device.
Where we do identify you (such as where you are logged into your online account), we treat any use or disclosure in accordance with this policy.
We sometimes collect your information from other sources including from:
- your telephone service provider such as your listing details for our telephone directories;
- various third parties such as your representatives, credit reporting bodies, social media sites, consumers who use our products, our related companies and our syndication partners;
- public sources such as from information available on the internet; and
- organisations we list under “When do you disclose my personal information?” (see below).
In some circumstances, if you don’t provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- personalise your experience with us;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that you might be interested in.
If we ever need you to give us another person’s personal information (for example, if you’d like to give someone access to your Kathu365 services), we’ll need you to let that person know. You can also tell them to contact us if they have any questions.
3. How we hold your information
We store your information in hard copy or electronic format and store it in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by trusted third parties.
We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network.
We aim to keep your information only for as long as we need it e.g. for business reasons for to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. When we no longer need the information, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
4. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- check your identity;
- provide and administer our products and services, including directory services and advertising in various media;
- identify opportunities to help improve our products, services and technologies and improve those products, services and technologies;
- carry out credit checks and help prevent fraud;
- help us maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, and
- promote and market services to you (sometimes even after you leave us); and
- deliver targeted marketing, advertising and content from us and third parties on our websites and third party websites relevant to your interests.
5. When we disclose your personal information to third parties
In some circumstances, we might disclose your personal information to other organisations. But we only ever do this when providing services to you, or as otherwise explained in this policy. When we do this, we take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure.
We also require our contracted service providers to comply with privacy and confidentiality obligations to help protect your personal information. These service providers may be based locally or overseas. They help us with tasks like:
- customer enquiries
- billing and debt-recovery
- information technology
- data verification
- managing your advertising
- marketing, telemarketing and sales
- market research, and
- website analysis.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or advisers (when you ask us to)
- credit-reporting bodies for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating or default listing;
- fraud-prevention organisations
- our related companies
- our professional advisers
- government, regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- organisations who manage our business, corporate, risk and funding strategies
- companies involved in a sale of our company or assets
- telephone service providers who supply customer data for publication in our directories, and
- our directories and syndication partners, as permitted in our Product Contract Terms.
6. Kathu365 Data Solutions
Kathu365 Data Solutions collects personal information such as your name and contact details from third party data suppliers. If your personal information was provided to us by a data supplier, we will have sought their confirmation that they are authorised under privacy laws to provide us with your personal information for the purposes described below.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to operate our business, including to provide products and services to our customers such as marketing databases that can be used by our customers to supply information regarding products and services that may be of interest to individuals and businesses, and data cleansing to make sure our customers’ data is up-to-date and accurate.
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com. There is no charge to submit a request, however we may apply an administrative charge for providing access but we’ll always check with your first. If we can’t give you access or can only give you access to certain information, we’ll tell you why.
8. How can you correct your personal information
We do everything we can to make sure the personal information we handle is correct, complete and current. But if you do spot an error, you can let us know via the contact details below.
For any of our other brands, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How to make a privacy complaint
We’ll aim to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it. If we need more time, we will notify you about the reasons for the delay and indicate a new estimate time frame.